Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkins

Yesterday we went to the local pumpkin patch. I really wanted to drive all the way to Oregon and go to Roloff Farms to get our pumpkins. I really wanted to meet the Little People. I'm really a big fan of their show "Little People, Big World". I think I feel like I relate to them being under five feet tall. Oh well maybe next year.
Back to the pumpkin patch...Ayla had fun walking around all the pumpkins and couldn't decide on which one to choose. She finally found one her size and wanted to hold it all the way home. She also found one for her little brother. And at 90 cents a pound Steve and I decided to buy ours at Safeway!
Then it came time to carve them and at first Ayla was curious about the process but then quickly realized how messy and gross it was to clean them out. The girl does not like to be 'dirty'. So instead of hanging out with us she watched Dora's Halloween. And Holden slept through it all. Being a perfectionist and having a small case of OCD I couldn't decide on what to carve. I didn't want to do any from the books cause it would take me forever. And when I say forever I'm talking appox. 5 or 6 hours. That's the perfectionist part of me. Steve on the other hand drew a goofy face on his and called it good. So I told him to do Ayla and Holden's pumpkins and he whipped them out no problem. A couple hours went by and finally I was so over it. I needed a drink. And whadda ya know, I was inspired!

1 comment:

Christi Mullet said...

So funny about Roloff farms! I love them, too. I never related it to the fact I was short! I love the vid of Ayla. She says "ewwww!" so cute!